14 Tips for Maximizing Email Marketing Success
From a marketing perspective, personalized mass emails are a very effective tool to use to stay in touch with people who are interested in your products, business, or industry.
- People read email in preview panes. Keep your message “above the fold.”
- Recipients scan email Make it short and easy to scan.
- Subject line must communicate value.
- Always offer something of value in the email Relationships should go two ways.
- Carefully craft your message to your target audience.
- Recipients should be able to read email without graphics.
- Offer newsletter sign-up on your website home page.
- Make it easy to unsubscribe.
- The best day for distribution is Tuesday or Wednesday: 10am to noon is the best time.
- Create multiple messages for different targets.
- Avoid excessive use of punctuation and capitalization.
- Use email to keep on-going contact with old customers, cool leads and referral sources.
- Email works best in conjunction with other marketing activities
- Test, test, test—always conduct tests on your campaigns and use what you learn to improve future efforts.